Pre-requisite: Beginners Parts 1 and 2 or basic computing experience
This session will cover the basics of accessing information on the internet. We will also consider privacy and security issues to be aware of when accessing the internet.
The session will include these topics:
- Understanding the programs used to access the internet (Browsers) – e.g. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox.
- Searching and surfing, including ways to enhance normal simple searching
- Using bookmarks and favourites
- Safe browsing – understanding the key security risks and the software available to mitigate the risks
- Downloading and installing programs from the internet
- Internet shopping